Thursday, April 19, 2007,12:48 PM
TA
I took some time to do some research on Transactional Analysis. I found it fascinating. There were so many things that made sense. It was developed in the 50's by Berne.

According to TA we function on three social ego. The Parent, the Adult and the Child. Depending on context, age and communication we will manifest any one of these ego in all our transactions. When the person we are talking to is using the complimentary ego conversations will flow without hindrance. When Ego's get mismatched there is often conflict or tension.

Another component of TA is the Drama triangle. These are three egos that are used in an arguement. Persecutor, rescuer or victim. The cycle of exchanging roles will continue indefinatly unless the cycle recognized and terminated with one of the participants using non-defensive or non- offensive language.

From what I read I am no expert but the little that I learned taught me a lot about interpersonal communication, I hope I can put to good use.

Labels:

 
posted by Timothy Nightingale
Permalink ¤